Our Mission Statement
1. The Aims and objectives of the CLF are to educate and to inform landlords of Cardiff and to provide avenues of communication with officers, council members and external bodies and to provide a common voice in the service of the membership.
2. To work with Cardiff Council and other partners to improve services within the private rented sector and to develop the sector to the benefit of landlords, tenants and the community at large.
In pursuing these aims the association will:-
- Set a standard of good practice as laid down in the association’s Code of Ethics.
- Represent its members to and liaise with Local and Central Government and other organisations.
- Provide information and assistance to members on current facts and affairs relating to the private rented housing sector.
- Work towards better and efficient regulation within the private rented housing sector.
- Organise lectures, seminars and training sessions for members.
- Organise and participate in activities/events which further the aims of the Association.
- Observe that members give a fair and honest service to the general public and abide by the Association’s Constitution, Membership rules and Code of Ethics.
- Be non party in politics and non sectarian in religion.
- In its own activities and its employment of staff, implement an effective equal opportunities policy and shall not therefore discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, ethnic or national origins, colour, sexual orientation or disability.